On Saturday May 3rd the entire Paleo Porn/SPYR Media team attended the Spring Health Expo sponsored by Halfstack Magazine and CrossFit630. All the attendees were super engaged, participated in the fitness demo’s and asked some great questions about the Paleo lifestyle during my talk. Plus, we really enjoyed meeting more local Paleo-friendly vendors like Nature’s Choice Farm and Milonas Family Chiropractic.
I gave the final keynote and talked about our experience following a Paleo lifestyle over the last six years. I also discussed our minimalist kitchen and gave some suggestions about some of our favorite Paleo products. Scroll down to take a look at some of the specific products we mentioned.
Prior to my talk Lauren Rippy of Endure It Sports compacted her running course into a 20 minute demo. Then Nick Wernimont, CEO and founder of Factor75 took the stage. Nick talked about his past experience as an MMA fighter and his search for quality food without compromising flavor and time. He hired a personal chef and realized he could help others looking for Paleo premade meals. Factor75’s name comes from their moto that 75% of your fitness goals come from what you eat.
If you’re interested in training for a triathlon or running game before race season begins, reach out to Lauren at Endure It Sports. And for more information on the Paleo personal chef delivery service at Factor75, contact Nick.
For a peak at what you missed, check out our Paleo Porn TV video recap below. Jeff put together everything you see, so be sure to let him know how much you enjoyed it by giving us a thumbs up on the video on YouTube and while you’re there don’t forget to Subscribe to PaleoPornTV. :)
Paleo Porn Quickie: Spring Health Expo
Paleo Products We Love
During my keynote I made a few different Paleo product recommendations so I thought I’d create a quick list for those interested.
- Cappello’s Gluten Free/Grain Free Pasta
- Jackson’s Honest Chips
- Livin Spoonful Raw Sprouted Crackers – Pizza Flavor (tastes just like Pizza Bites!)
- U.S. Wellness Meats – for grass-fed beef, pasture raised pork & chicken, rabbit, lamb and other protein and vegetable products
- Tendergrass Farms – for grass-fed beef, pasture raised pork & chicken
- Pomi’s Boxed Tomato Products – Strained and Chopped Tomatoes
- Bulletproof Coffee – More details on the Picnik restaurant review
- KerryGold Grass-fed Butter – Salted and Unsalted
Your Minimalist Kitchen Should Include:
- Food Processor – I have the earlier KitchenAid model
- Pressure Cooker – I have the 10 quart Fagor Futuro brand
- Slow Cooker – I have this Hamilton Beach model
Even more Paleo recommendations
Head over to my Paleo f(x) Recap for even more recommendations of Paleo-friendly foods, beverages and products and don’t forget to check out all our Paleo Restaurant Reviews.