I’m so glad that the pool lanes are available at all times of the day! It totally works with our crazy sleep non-schedule schedule. I was able to wake up around normal time, sometime between 12:30-1pm, take my time reading my email, drinking my morning glass of water with a couple of Mark’s primal protein balls and leave without having to rush! I left the house around 2pm for my second day in a row of swim/bike training…yay me!! :)
I took a different route to the pool today jumped in and stayed much longer than yesterday. Luckily out of the four lanes available, one of them had a single swimmer and it wasn’t all that crowded. Here’s what I swam today:
- 250 warmup free
- 500 free
- 200 fly
- 50-75-100-75-50 ladder with 10 sec rest between each
- 100 finger tip drag
- 250 free
When I finished the butterfly set and was ready to start the ladder it was the first time my lane mate and I had been stopped at the same time so we started chatting a bit. I told him about my triathlon and he said how he’d been coming to the pool since last summer and we both agreed it is a really great pool. Then we took off again, each doing our own thing. Before I left I said goodbye to Vito and he wished me good luck and then I took off on my bike to finish my errands stopping at the library and bank before coming home to cook lunch.
It’s amazing the energy you get from working out and I really have missed that feeling!
When I came home I prepared some salads while the rib-eye steaks cooked on the stove and I couldn’t help from grabbing some fresh watermelon, muskmelon and a fig from the fridge, while preparing lunch. Summer is the best time of the year for fresh fruits and vegetables and I just loaded up our fridge this weekend with every fresh fruit & veggie you can think of. For lunch we had this Everything Salad with a side of steak.
More updates coming tomorrow, we’re off to go see Super 8 :)
- 1-2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup organic spinach, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1-2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2-3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- sea salt, coarse ground black pepper, dried oregano and dried thyme, to taste
- olive oil and apple cider vinegar, to taste
- Chop all ingredients and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Season with sea salt, black pepper, oregano and thyme. Add olive oil & vinegar and mix well.
- Serve as is or with a side of grassfed ribeye steaks.
- Enjoy! :)